Post Course Requirements: Within 18 months of the completion of the formal course, the Workshop Presenter Candidate must:
- Write and submit a workshop manual to their Clinical Instructor(s) which includes a full text of lectures, description of experiential processes and written exercises. This is not designed to be innovative. It is to make sure you have the material well in hand and at your fingertips. Feel free to add your own personal illustrations, but don’t take liberties with the outline or material.
- Lead TWO (20 hour) couples workshops, and only two, until certification. The second workshop must be observed on-site and evaluated by a Certified Clinical Instructor. A positive evaluation by the Certified Clinical Instructor must be submitted to IRI and to the Course Instructor(s). (Note: The Workshop Presenter Candidate is responsible for the travel expenses of the on-site observer and an honorarium of $500 for a minimum of five hours of observation).
- Submit all participant evaluations from all four training workshops to the Course Instructor(s).
- All Certified Couples Workshop Presenters must accrue 10 hrs of Continuing Education every two years. This is the case for all advanced certifications. A common method of gaining the 10 hrs of CE credits is by either joining a supervision group or by sending in videotapes for supervision (this is for supervision only and not for evaluation). By attending one annual Imago International Conference it may be possible to receive all 10 credits. By sending in a videotape for supervision, you will receive 2.5 CE credits. All advanced courses in the catalog state how many credits they give.
- Attend the annual Workshop Presenters Update meeting at least every other year. This is usually held at the Annual Imago International Conference. However, all Workshop Presenters are encouraged to attend the IRI annual conference every year. If this requirement cannot be done for some important reason, the Workshop Presenter may fulfill this requirement by assisting at a Couples Workshop put on my a faculty member and meeting with that member for one hour after the workshop for feedback. The faculty member then needs to send a positive report to the Professional Training Coordinator.
- Therapists must inform the Institute in writing upon the completion of the update requirements. If they are not completed, the Workshop Presenter must cease doing workshops until the requirements are met. If the Workshop Presenter is inactive for two years, they must attend the annual Workshop Presenters Update and assist at a workshop offered by a Clinical Instructor before they resume offering workshops to the general public. If they have been inactive for five years or more, they need to discuss with the dean how they may become active again.